What you get:
- PES2Card-SE reader/writer
- USB cable
- PES2Card Utility software on CD
- EmbCard blank card
- Quick start guide
- User Information booklet
And (using standard pc reader/writer) ...
- Brother floppy/compact flash/stick
- Baby Lock floppy/Compact flash/Stick
- Viking Designer I floppy/USB stick
- Artista 200 PDC (also for 730)
- USB stick for Artista 630/640
- ATA card for Bernina Deco 330
- ATA card/USB stick for Bernina Deco 340
- ATA card/USB stick for Janome 11000,
- ATA card for Janome 1000x
- ATA card for Janome 300E, 350E,
- Tajima DST
- Singer smartmedia
- Elna Smartmedia
What you don't get:
- Choice of card. EmbCard supports all above embroidery machines, PE Design 5, 6 and 7, Palette 5, 6 and 7 and also Magic Box plus and similar card reader/writers.
- An incorrect comparison with other embroidery cards and how much bigger EmbCard is. EmbCard provides the largest possible storage capacity for above embroidery machines: 1 megabyte or 8 megabit if you want a bigger number.
This equates to approximately 450.000 stitches for Brother format cards and 260.000 stitches for Viking format cards.
- No story about the sales value of EmbCard as it is included in the package.
- The ability to read protected cards like Disney cards as this is copyright violation.
- Remarks about how expensive other reader/writers are.
- The suggestion to avoid expensive preprogrammed and possibly heavily protected cards and use PES2Card-SE instead as you can decide that yourself and don't need this advise.
- Trial software that expires after 30 days after which you have to buy it.
- Software to modify your designs
But... With PES2Card-SE you get:
- Ability to read all cards for these machines (no protected cards) and store the designs on your computer
- Ability to write over 30 different embroidery file formats to a card for these machines without conversion
- Ability to write over 30 different embroidery file formats to media for these machines
- Extensive information about cards and designs
- Catalog facilties for cards read and cards written
- View on your PC what you see on the machine (where available)
- Design browsing
- Design print
- Unzip facilties
- Transfer designs to design editing software of your choice
- On line help system
- Free software updates and upgrades (the very first PES2Card owner hasn't payed anything for software updates/upgrades).
- Support for over 30 different stitch formats
- Support for embroidery machines that use PC standard hardware
- Support for ALL Windows Operating Systems that support USB.
- Support for almost all rewritable cards (12V cards excluded)
- PES2Card-SE can be used with a MAC running VPC.
- Lots of other features
Last Modification: January 25, 2008
(c) Copyright 2000-2008, Jos Timmermans